Brooklyn Joe's

Pizza, it is the big debate in our house. My wife is what I call a pizza snob. She only likes a certain style of pizza from specific places (mostly Ozone Pizza in Ozone Park). Me on the other hand, like pizza from all over, but even I was skeptical about eating pizza in the south.

We decided to take our debate and our curiosity, and put it to the test against a pizzeria a few blocks from our new home. So let's take a bite out of Brooklyn Joe's and see if they measure up.



219 Crossroads Blvd,  Dawsonville, GA 30534
Dawsonville (706) 265-8000
Milton (770) 754-0202
Canton (770) 720-7700


Brooklyn Joe's says they are authentic NY style pizza. They opened the doors in 2007 and have been voted the best Pizza and Italian restaurant 5 years in a row.

Now, I have not actually dined in at the restaurant, so it will not be a typical review. I have ordered and picked up my food twice from them in the month I moved to the Dawsonville area.


Okay, so the above photo wasn't taken by me. I pulled it from their page. I ordered two slices of pepperoni pizza when we first moved down here (literally I think I had been here 4 days).The idea of doing this blog wasn't even on my mind, but the memory of the pizza did. 

Food: 2 Slices of Pepperoni pizza
Score: 7.6 out of 10
Comments: This was good. The sauce and the dough definitely tasted like a NY pizza. It was a little oily, but sometimes that's a good thing. There weren't a lot of pepperoni on the slices, but I was pleasantly surprised.


This one was one my wife and I really wanted to try. The Soho pizza.

Food: Soho Pizza Pie-Basil Pesto Sauce, grilled chicken, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, garlic, red onion, gorgonzola, and mozzarella cheese.
Score: 8.0
Comments: My wife really enjoyed the pizza since it had a lot of her favorites on it. I thought this was a very creative pie and had a lot of great flavor combinations to it. The one big knock against it was the gorgonzola cheese. It overpowered the other great features and hid the different flavors. Gorgonzola has a tendency to hit or miss with me (the same with blue cheese). While the pizza overall was a delight and much more enjoyable than the slices I had at the beginning of the month, I do wish they would tone down the amount of gorgonzola cheese on this pie.

Overall score: 7.8
Comments: I give Brooklyn Joe's a lot of credit. They do make their pizza taste like a NY pizza. The pepperoni pizza I ate reminded me of going to a few places in Manhattan for pizza while waiting for my train. My biggest gripe was being told they do not deliver. This is something I, as a parent, look for so I do not have to bring my son to the restaurant, keep an eye on him, while paying and carrying out a pizza to the car. 

***Updated*** Since posting this earlier today, Brooklyn Joe's reached out to me to advise they do in fact deliver at all locations up to a 5 mile radius. I would like to thank them for the clarification and for reaching out to me. I will be back to enjoy more pizza from you guys.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Village Tavern

Cookout-Review

El Campesino