Cookout-Review

3626 Mundy Mill Road
Gainesville, GA 30504

For over a year, I kept hearing about this place and how good the food and shakes were. Every time I tried to go, something or someone always prevented me from going. I finally decided to give them a try to see if they lived up to the hype.

Food: A Big Double Burger with Cheese (Ketchup, pickles and onions) Tray (included fries, a quesadilla, and an oreo shake).

Burger Score: 7.5 out of 10
Comments: The burger was juicy but there was barely any cheese on it. It was nice I could pick out what I wanted on the burger, but they don't provide a list of options so I had no idea what to select other than the basic ketchup, pickles and onions.

Fries Score: 6.5 out of 10
Comments: I was very disappointed with the fries. There was no taste to them. They tasted like they were dipped in oil and dried and put in the container. There was no seasoning on them. You have to ask for cajun seasoning. What happened to basic salt and pepper on the fries? I'm not talking about needing a lot of either, but just a small amount to increase the flavor

Quesadilla Score 7 out of 10
Comments: I asked if it was spicy and no one could give me a straight answer. It had the same amount of spice and taste as a quesadilla from Taco Bell. I ordered it with chicken. Even though I could see shredded pieces of chicken inside it, I couldn't taste it or the cheese.

Shake Score: 8 out of 10
Comments: This was the most redeeming part of the meal for me. The shake was thick and creamy. I very much enjoyed it. I would suggest getting bigger straws to accommodate how thick the shakes are because I couldn't get more than a little sip at a time until it began to melt.








Cleanliness: 8 out of 10

Service: 8 out of 10

Family Friendly: 7 out of 10
Comments: Inside had a lot of seating options, but any high chairs were hidden in the back by the bathrooms. Outside seating accommodations were nice, but it wasn't completely fenced in to prevent any children from running off into the parking lot. The bathrooms were clean, but there was one urinal and one stall and nowhere to change your kid (at least in the men's room).

Overall Score 7.4 out of 10
Comments In comparison to the hype, I was disappointed. The food needed better seasoning for some items and a better ratio of combining ingredients for another. I would have preferred to see a list of options for what could be added to the burger instead of guessing. The two best features for Cookout are the shakes and the amount of food you get when you order one of the trays (ironic because they do not actually put your food on a tray). I would go again if I wanted a lot of food for my money, or for a delicious shake, otherwise there are a lot more options closer to where I live than driving 30 minutes to this location.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Village Tavern

Friends Dawson Grill: Review