Friends Dawson Grill: Review

Friends
837 Hwy 400, Suite 175
Dawsonville, GA 30534
706-216-2800

I apologize for the delay in my posts this week. It's been a busy few days and I have been juggling a few things including a release of my upcoming book, The Kritana Contract. 

This review was one I had been interested in doing since moving to Dawsonville, GA. My wife and I have driven passed Friends Dawson Grill numerous times. I pass it twice a day during the week to pickup or drop off my kid at school. Every afternoon or night we drive by it, we always see the parking lot full.

About Friends:
Opened in 2010, Friends is a neighborhood grill & bar which is locally owned. They have locations in Dacula, Dawsonville, Suwanee, Winder, and Buford. The establishment is filled with HDTVs to show NFL, MLB, and UFC.
Their menu is fresh-ground steakburgers, hand-cut steaks, and homemade dressings and sauces.
They also contribute to the community by holding an annual charity event named "Ansley's Easter" which was named after a young girl, Ansley Arnette, who suffered from a rare, non-curable brain tumor.

Drink: Citrus Cosmo (Citrus Vodka, Sour Cranberry Splash, & Sierra Mist Splash)

Score: 9 out of 10

Comments: Okay, I know this isn't a manly looking drink. Besides Bourbon, I used to be a big vodka fan and like to find new drink combinations using my favorite liquor. This was delicious but went down way too quick. The vodka was not overpowering. It didn't taste like there was a lot of Sierr Mist. It was a nice pre-dinner or after-dinner drink and only cost $3.99.









Food: Chips and Queso

Score: 8.5 out of 10

Comments: I'm not going to lie, I wanted more. The flavor was great and made me wishing I had a bigger portion. Despite my above comment, I did feel it needed a little something extra like meat or pork. I think if these were made into nachos I would be here every week picking this up.














Food: 4th of July Burger (Barbecue sauce, American Cheese, Bacon, Onion Rings, and a Homemade Zesty Sauce).

Score: 9 out of 10

Comments: Damn! This was a really good burger. I am not a big fan of large onion rings (I prefer the onion straws), but this was amazing. The burger was cooked perfectly medium. The Zesty sauce wasn't spicy but had plenty of flavor which I could eat all day. The French Fries were crisp and well seasoned. This is the burger I would order every time.











Food: The Homecoming Burger:(Topped with Brisket, Cheddar Cheese, Red Cabbage, Cole Slaw, Fried Pickles, and 2 Types of Barbecue Sauce)

Score: 8 out of 10

Comments: The burger is to honor the soldiers coming home. $1 from each burger sold is donated to the Wounded Warrior Project. My wife was the one who ordered the burger and did so because of the donation and the fried pickles. It looked delicious and she was enjoying the burger. However, she was not aware one of the barbecue sauces was spicy and made it harder for her to eat.

*If possible, it would be good to have it noted on the menu or the servers advise the customer of the burger being spicy.




Cleanliness Score: 9 out of 10
Family Friendly Score: 8.5 out of 10
Service Score:  9 out of 10
Comments: Our server was on top of everything and ready with refreshing our drinks. He brought out the food at the right time and not where we felt it was one on top of the other. He was very friendly and understood us having a child with us required a little more time in ordering our food.

Overall
Score: 8.7 out of 10
Comments: We loved the food and understand why it always looks packed. The service was quick, understanding, and on point. This is a place I would gladly visit not just again, but repeatedly. I look forward to coming in for another meal (I'm already eying up what to order next time).


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Village Tavern

Cookout-Review

El Campesino