El Jinete

El Jinete
Phone: 706-531-0012
Address: 100 North 400 Center Lane, Dawsonville, GA 30534

I know this one doesn't exactly fall into one of the three main categories for this blog, but tacos are still considered food and I love them. We decided to venture out for some good Mexican food in our area. We chose El Jinete due to its location (being right off of 400), the price and the numerous options they had available on their menu. Again, I apologize for the lack of food pics as my son once again hijacked my phone.

About El Jinete

They are a family-friendly restaurant in business for more than a decade in the Georgia area (Dawsonville, Woodstock, Jefferson, Snellville, Clarksville, Roswell, and Dacula)/ They maintain the belief of creating a restaurant that's friendly and exceptional in attention to every detail.


Drink: Coke
I'm not going to score this one. You can't screw this one up unless the line needs to be changed in the fountain. I wanted to order a Margarita, but we were never provided a drink menu by the server.
Food: I started with Chori Queso
(Cheese dip with Mexican sausage and pico de gallo)
Score: 8 out of 10
Comments: This was the best dish we had. The flavors meshed well together giving a hint of spice but not too overpowering. They provide a lot of chips and a couple of flour tortillas which were great to make into soft tacos with the dip.
Food: Combination 15 (Chalupa, Tostado with Cheese Sauce, and a Taco)
Chalupa Score:7 out of 10; Tostado Score: 6.5 out of 10; Soft Taco Score: 6.5 out of 10
Comments: 
Chalupa: This was the best out of the three items for the combo. The meat was seasoned well, the guacamole mixed with the meat, cheese and bean tostado made it flavorful. While I did enjoy it, I felt there was too much lettuce getting in the way and needed to knock half of it off just to taste the flavors together.
Tostado with Cheese Sauce: There were a few problems with this dish. First, this started to fall apart the moment I tried to pick it up. I couldn't eat it at the restaurant because it would have fallen in my lap, all over the plate or on the table. I eventually took it home to eat the next day because it was too messy. The second issue was the lack of cheese sauce. If it was there, I didn't notice it. Maybe it was what caused the whole thing to fall apart and get stuck to the plate. I eventually paired it with what was left of the Chori Queso the next day and ate it with chips.
Soft Taco: It was the cleanest and easiest to eat, but it lacked flavor. The meat was underseasoned or it was held back by the wall of lettuce which was dumped on top of it. I had to scoop some of the sausage and cheese from the Chori Queso onto the taco to give it a bit of a kick to satisfy my appetite.
Cleanliness: Score 8.5 out of 10
Family Friendly: 8 out of 10
Service: 6.5 out of 10
Comments: Our server was nice and friendly, but didn't pay much attention to detail. To start, we were given the regular menus, but did not provide a drink menu or have one on the table. The waitress came to the table to ask how is the food. My drink had less than a quarter left. I had to stop her from leaving to ask for a refill. My wife and I were also looking forward to having a dessert. Instead, the waitress brought the check without asking if we wanted dessert or anything else.
Overall Score: 7.3
Comments: I think El Jinete could have had a much better score. Unfortunately, the cooks or whoever made the food were very heavy-handed with the lettuce and didn't add enough of the other flavors to overcompensate. If I wanted to eat a salad, I would have made one at home or bought one from Wendys. The service was the other major component for having a lower score. If the server paid more attention to detail and presenting the customer with a proper experience from beginning to end, we would be seeing the 7.3 get closer to a score of 8. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Village Tavern

Cookout-Review

El Campesino