Welcome



Welcome to the first post for Bourbon, Burgers, and Barbecue. Yeah, I know what you're saying; Oh hell, it's another food blog. Well here, I am not just going to write about the places I visit and critique whatever meal I decide to order. I want to showcase the establishments I try out, recommend restaurants I would want to go back and order from again, and advise on any places you should stay away from. On top of going out to eat, I will also provide recipe's I have created and share my own fun cooking, mixing, and barbecuing.

So who am I and why the should you care about my opinion?

For starters, I am an author who writes murder mystery and romantic suspense books. Now, I know that doesn't give me any credit into the culinary world, but as a writer, we look for things to write about. Details are our forte, and I'm a guy who loves to eat. Being a writer, I also attend several book signings a year, which means you get to come along for the ride as I explore some new places and also look for recommendations from you on places to go.


I am also a family man. I have an amazing wife and a son who is almost three. The places we typically go are family friendly, but we will also venture out if there's a sitter. 

And then, of course, I love to cook and barbecue. I started using a smoker last year, but have been grilling since I was sixteen. I am not a fan of following a recipe. If I don't l know how to cook something, I'll look it up to use as a guideline of how long to cook something and at what temperature. Otherwise, I create my own rubs, sauces, and food with a creative pallet.



So, that's me in a nutshell. I will be posting a few of the recent places I visited within the next couple of days, including a Mexican restaurant we went to for Father's Day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Village Tavern

Cookout-Review

El Campesino