What's for Dinner?

What's for dinner?


As I stated in my original post, I love to cook and to barbecue. Last night, my wife and I tag teamed dinner. We decided to do a marinated steak on the grill with homemade Chimichurri sauce and french fries.

First on the agenda was to get the meat prepped. We took a large skirt steak from the package, rinsed it off and patted it dry. I used a knife to make score marks into the meat so the marinade can really get in there.


Next up was making a marinade for the steak. It was done from scratch and I am like a mad scientist with my sauces.
  • 1/2 cup of vegetable oil
  • 3/4 cup of ketchup
  • 1 cup of Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 cup of mustard
  • 2 scallions
  • 1 squeezed lime
  • 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
  • salt and pepper to taste



I let the steak marinate for about 5 hours.


My grill can accommodate propane and charcoal to cook with, but I prefer to use charcoal. I feel it gives a better flavor to the meat.


Scoring the meat also helped to give the steak better grill marks. I set them on the grill for about 10 minutes on each side (length of time will depend on how you like the cook of the meat). This gave me a pair of nice medium rare steaks. 



My wife took care of the Chimichurri sauce. She is more structured when it comes to making a dish. She will find and follow recipes. This is one she found on Pinterest and made a few adjustments to it.
  • 1 cup of Cilantro
  • 1 cup of Parsley
  • 1/4 cup of White Wine Vinegar
  • 1/2 cup of Olive Oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon of Salt
  • 3 Cloves of Garlic (my wife added a little extra)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cumin (This was left out)
  • 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper (this was left out too)
  • (Added) Lime Zest (1 lime)
-Add all ingredients into your food processor.
-Pulse or run the food processor for 10-15 seconds
-Do not run it too long or it will lose its texture. 


After baking the fries in the oven for about 25 minutes, we plated the skirt steak, fries and Chimichurri sauce to what you see above.


Let us know what you think. Try the recipes at home? Leave us a comment with what you thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Village Tavern

Cookout-Review

El Campesino