Johnny's New York Style Pizza






Last night I was in the mood for pizza and wanted to try another place since my wife is a pizza snob (love you), and we both wanted to see how the pizza places measure up to our love of NY pizza. I decided to check out a few in the area and chose Johnny's New York Style Pizza to put them to the test. I also decided to try them as they deliver in my area, especially with the storms that hit us.



Johnny's New York Style Pizza

355 Quill Drive

Dawsonville, GA 30534
706-216-1224
Bruce Jackson was 16 years old when he worked for the original Johnny's Pizza in Manlius, NY. He saw an opportunity to build his own and decided to run with it. In three years, he opened a Johnny's Pizza just outside the Syracuse University campus with his younger brother, Rosario.

He ran and operated the business for 6 years before deciding to move with his new business partner to the Atlanta, GA area. They opened their doors in 1977, and one year later, they opened a second store. They began franchising their stores in 1994.

I will begin my review by noting how easy it was to navigate their website and place an order. It allowed me to figure out what we wanted with my son running around the living room with his toys. Since the food was delivered, I will modify my review to incorporate ease of use on the website, menu selection, delivery time, and of course how well the food tasted.


Website : 
Score: 9 out of 10
Comment: This was really easy to navigate. It is upfront about how long it would take for your food to be made and delivered. It also has a nice breakdown of each category instead of a constant scrolling to see appetizers, subs, pizzas. etc.

Menu Selection:
Score: 9 out of 10
Comment: I found there are a lot of options to choose from, not just in the category of pizza, but also salads, subs, Italian food, and appetizers.

Delivery Time:
Score: 8.5 out of 10
Comment: I was scared at first. When I placed my order online, I was told it would take an hour and a half for the food to be delivered. This was a bit alarming, but with the bad weather, I felt it was very possible it could take that long. What I liked, it was upfront about how long it would take, and the food was delivered twenty minutes sooner than they originally estimated.

Food: Chicken Alfredo Pizza
Score: 9 out of 10
Comment: It was hard to describe how good this pizza was, but I will give it a try. The bacon was nice and crisp. The chicken wasn't dry. The alfredo sauce was delicious and really pulled the other flavors together. My one note was the pizza dough wasn't as much as I would have liked it to be. However, the crust itself was perfect.

Overall
Score: 8.9
Comments: I have to say I was very impressed with Johnny's New York Style Pizza. I enjoyed their specialty pie for Chicken Alfredo Pizza and look forward to putting them to my pepperoni pizza test. My wife was a bigger fan of the food than I was, and complimented it a few times while we ate.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Village Tavern

Cookout-Review

El Campesino