Village Tavern




This past weekend was my wife's birthday. I wanted to take her out somewhere nice and the Village Tavern was a place she kept telling me she wanted to go back to since my brother-in-law's birthday back in January. So we decided to go back and was just as happy this time as we did the previous event.

1555 Rainwater Dr
Alpharetta, GA 30009
770-777-6490


About the Village Tavern

The original Village Tavern opened in Winston Salem, NC in 1984. The concept was to serve the best food at affordable prices using the freshest ingredients.



Drink: Apple Knocker
(Knob Creek Bourbon, Apricot Brandy, Crisp Green Apple, and Ginger Beer)

Score: 8.5 out of 10

Comments: This was a strong drink. I mean, it was enough where two or three of these will knock you on your butt. You could taste the Brandy more than any other flavors. It paired well with the rest of the liquor which made the drink enjoyable.







Appetizer: Baked Brie
(Toasted Almonds, French Bread, Granny Smith Apples, and Dried Fruit)

Score: 8 out of 10

Comments: The Brie and French bread were very warm and savory. I paired it with the apples giving it a sweet and savory flavor with each bite. I would have added something extra to put the Brie on (more apples, bread, crackers, etc) as I ran out and had to use my spoon to finish it off.








Kids Meal: Cheese Pizza

Score: 7.5

Comments: The sauce was good, but not the level my wife would consider to be good pizza. The dough was a little underwhelming. For a kid, they would enjoy it and I know my son did.













Burger: Cowboy Burger
(Applewood-Smoked Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Barbecue Sauce, and Cheddar Cheese

Score: 7.5 out of 10

Comments: I ordered mine medium rare and it was more on the rare side. I enjoyed the onions and the bacon, but I couldn't taste any smokiness on the bacon. The barbecue sauce was okay but tasted more like ketchup than barbecue sauce.
This was kind of 0-2 on the burgers for our family.






Entree: Wood-Grilled Chicken and Pene
(Crispy Pancetta, Carmalized Onions, Parmesean and Basil Cream Sauce)

Score:10 out of 10

Comments: I don't give tens out easily unless you can find a way to not only knock it out of the park but also make it something I'll remember for months or years to come. This is as close to heaven on a plate as you can get. I tried this originally in January and had it again this past Saturday.
The chicken is grilled to perfection. It's not dry and goes well with the sauce. The pasta is delicious. You don't even realize you're eating the onions because of how soft and pack the flavor of the pancetta. And the sauce is brilliant.


Family Friendly Score: 8 out of 10

Cleanliness Score: 9 out of 10

Service Score: 8.5 out of 10

Overall Score: 8.4 out of 10

Comments: I enjoyed the food, but the star, without question, was the Wood-Grilled Chicken and Pene. I would have preferred additional food to pair with the Baked Brie or more of the apples to eat with it, or even more bread being brought to the table once we were done with the basket. The drinks can definitely pack a punch and already have my eye set on one for my next visit. I don't think I would try my hand at another burger as my wife had one in January and I had one this time and we both weren't thrilled with them.
I would recommend the restaurant to others as they have great menu options. I look forward to my next visit and welcome feedback from others or recommendations as to what to order next time.











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cookout-Review

Friends Dawson Grill: Review